Alternative to Suspension HS Teacher (DAEP at Project MORE) (2018-2019 School Year)
- Alternative to Suspension HS Teacher (DAEP at Project MORE) (2018-2019 School Year) JobID: 12607
- Position Type:
Teaching - High Schools/District Alternative Education Program Teacher
- Date Posted:
Alternative to Suspension
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
- DAEP is part of the desegregation plan (Project 5) with the task of reducing the drop out rate in our district.
- A primary function of DAEP teachers will be academic articulation with the home school teachers to facilitate a seamless transition from the suspending school, to DAEP, and back to the home school after the suspension period.
- Communication, computer, and organizational skills are pivotal for this academic articulation.
- Long term suspensions average between 20 to 45 days, thus, we have a revolving door of students entering and leaving the program throughout the year.
- It is a self-contained and stand-alone program. It is staffed with one teacher and one Behavior Intervention Monitor.
|Hours Per Day:|
Effectively manage the learning environment to prepare lesson plans, instruct students, evaluate and monitor
students’ performance in order to advance student achievement. Understand and appreciate diversity.
Work collaboratively with a team to plan instruction. Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning.
Arizona Secondary Certificate
Current Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
Arizona SEI (Structured English Immersion) Endorsement OR Full Bilingual-Spanish Endorsement OR Full ESL Endorsement
Demonstrated success in engaging African American and Latino students
Bilingual (Spanish) endorsement
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AFTER HIRE
Proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization.
COMMENTS - AFTER JULY 1st ONLY OUT OF DISTRICT MAY APPLY
2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
LOCATION - DAEP at Project MORE – Broadway and Park Ave Area
1.0 FTE - 7.5 hours per day - 9.5 month position
Math, Science, or ELA
Temporary Contracts are issued after Labor Day and/or for vacancies of .6 FTE or less for the remainder of the school year only. Temporary Contracts may be eligible for conversion.
Positions less than 30 hours per week are not eligible for district benefits.
Tucson Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination based on disability, race, color, religion/religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin.
Job Reference #: 12607