Behavior Intervention Monitor for DAEP at Magee MS( 2018-2019 School Year)
- Behavior Intervention Monitor for DAEP at Magee MS( 2018-2019 School Year) JobID: 10891
- Position Type:
Admin Professional/Behavior Intervention Monitor
- Date Posted:
Alternative to Suspension
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
- DAEP is part of the desegregation plan (Project 5) with the task of reducing the drop out rate
- Communication, computer, and organizational skill are essential for this position.
- Long term suspensions average between 20 to 45 days – thus, we have a revolving door of students entering and leaving the program throughout the year.
- It is a self-contained and stand-alone program. It is staffed with one teacher and one Behavior Intervention Monitor.
- Due to programmatic needs, staff may be temporarily assigned to a different DAEP location to meet program and student needs.
- Ideal candidate is one who is effective redirecting student misbehaviors
|Hours Per Day:|
Provide support for the Behavior Intervention Program under the direction of the Principal. Monitor and conduct dialogues with students, serves as liaison between students and the administration, maintain documentation, and monitor after-school detention.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Associate’s (or higher) degree, or two-years (60 Semester-Hour credits) of study at an institute of higher learning.
Completion of an AZ Department of Education-approved Academic Assessment Test.
Copy of diploma, transcripts or test results must be submitted at time of application.
Two years of experience working with students.
Knowledge and ability to use word processing, database and spreadsheet programs.
Verbal & written communication skills in English and a demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written/graphic and oral instructions.
Any equivalent combination of training, education or experience that meets the minimum requirements will be accepted.
Experience with Mojave software.
Experience as a Teachers Aide.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AFTER HIRE
FBI fingerprint background check (at employee’s expense).
Proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization.
LOCATION - Magee MS - Speedway and Pantano Area
WCL - Grade 6
$12.58 per hour
1 Position - 1.00 FTE - 8 hours per day - 9.5 months
This position is under the program: District Alternative Education Program (DAEP) and has various location including one at SWEC, Doolen MS.
Tucson Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination based on disability, race, color, religion/religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin.
Job Reference #: 10891