Alternative to Suspension MS Teacher (DAEP at Southwest Education Center) (2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR)
- Alternative to Suspension MS Teacher (DAEP at Southwest Education Center) (2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR) JobID: 12819
- Position Type:
Teaching - Middle Schools/District Alternative Education Program Teacher
- Date Posted:
Alternative to Suspension
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
- DAEP is part of the desegregation plan (Project 5) with the task of reducing the drop out rate in our district.
- A primary function of DAEP teachers will be academic articulation with the home school teachers to facilitate a seamless transition from the suspending school, to DAEP, and back to the home school after the suspension period.
- Communication, computer, and organizational skills are pivotal for this academic articulation.
- Long term suspensions average between 20 to 45 days, thus, we have a revolving door of students entering and leaving the program throughout the year
- Due to programmatic needs, staff may be temporarily assigned to “sister site” from time to time depending on enrollment and needs.
- It is a self-contained and stand-alone program. It is staffed with one teacher and one Behavior Intervention Monitor.
|Hours Per Day:|
Effectively manage the learning environment to prepare lesson plans, instruct students, evaluate and monitor
students’ performance in order to advance student achievement. Understand and appreciate diversity.
Work collaboratively with a team to plan instruction. Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning.
Arizona Elementary Certificate (K-8), or
Standard Profesional Secondary (6-12)
CURRENT Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
Must have Arizona SEI (Structured English Immersion) Endorsement, full Bilingual-Spanish Endorsement or full ESL Endorsement posted on teaching certificate.
Demonstrated success in engaging African American and Latino students
Bilingual (Spanish) endorsement
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED UPON HIRE:
Provide proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization.
COMMENTS - After July 1st Only Out of District May Apply
2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
LOCATION - Southwest Education Center - Valencia & Mark Rd
1.00 FTE - 7.5 Hours
9.5 month position
Tucson Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination based on disability, race, color, religion/religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin.
Job Reference #: 12819