SUBSTITUTE TEACHER JOBS
On-call to provide instruction to students in accordance with established lesson plans and administrator directions. May prepare lesson plans and, evaluate and monitor students’ performance.
We appreciate your interest in the Tucson Unified School District!
The Tucson Unified School District (TUSD) is the oldest district in the state, formed when Arizona was still a territory in 1867. Encompassing 229.5 square miles, TUSD is also one of the largest districts in the state. We feature almost 90 schools, including elementary, K-8, middle, and high schools, which offer a wide range of special programs.
The district serves over 42,000 students from diverse backgrounds. They have bright futures ahead of them, thanks to our 7,700 dedicated employees. In fact, substitute teachers are a valued asset and play an important role in the education of our students. It is estimated that the average student will spend between 6 months and one year with a substitute during their K-12 school career. Thus, your time spent in the classroom will be crucial to a student’s academic success.
We value your commitment to the education of our students.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Arizona Teacher Certificate or Substitute Certificate
- Teaching Experience
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AFTER HIRE
- Proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization if born in/after 1957.
- Substitute Teachers are required to complete paperwork through the Substitute Assignment Office and to use the District’s automated Absence Management computer system.
- Must attend Substitute Teacher Orientation before starting any assignment in the District.
- Tucson Unified School District – Various Locations