Exceptional Education Teacher Assistant *POOL* - Elementary (Effective 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR)
The Exceptional Education Teacher Assistant assists the Exceptional Education and General Education Teacher with instruction and medically relevant support for students with disabilities. This position assists with academic and functional curriculum. The Exceptional Education Teacher Assistant may provide adult support with daily living skills such as feeding, dressing, grooming and toileting, that correlate to mandatory Medicaid billing, and enhancement of present levels of performance, behavioral support, reinforcement of therapy goals, and job skills. Degree and level of support is based on grade level and student need. Transition and community-based tasks are specific to secondary students.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Completion of an AZ Dept. of Education-approved Academic Assessment Test OR Associate’s (or higher) degree OR Two-years (60 Semester-Hour credits) of study at an institute of higher learning
Two years of experience working with youth or children
Computer skills, including the ability to use email.
Verbal & written communication skills in English and a demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written/graphic and oral instructions
Any equivalent combination of experience, training, or education
Copy of diploma, transcripts, or test results must be submitted at the time of application
Special Education experience
Experience working with children with disabilities
Experience working with children or adults in a vocational setting
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AFTER HIRE
FBI fingerprint background check.
Proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization
CPR and First Aid Certification - Certification must be maintained current during course of employment
Physical Examination with Lift Test to be done by one of the clinics with which the District contracts (Category B) and sign a Medical History form
Must complete Student Intervention Techniques (SIT) training within 6 months of hire
Must release Social Security Number to be eligible for [Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System] AHCCCS-Provider ID Number
Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) Training
Effective: 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
Location: Mulitple Sites - District-wide
Classification: White Collar
Work Calendar: 9 month
This is a list of current Exceptional Education Teacher Assistant vacancies, listed alphabetically by site with FTE. The list is subject to change daily:
- Cavett Elementary School - 36th and Campbell Area
- Davidson Elementary School - Ft. Lowell & Alvernon Area - 2 positions - .75 FTE - 6 hours per day
- Johnson Primary School - Valencia & Mark Rd. Area - .75 FTE - 6 hours per day
- Kellond Elementary - Broadway & Wilmont Area - .75 FTE - 6 hours per day
- Mission View Elementary School - 36th St. & 6th Ave. Area - .75 FTE - 6 hours per day
- Myers/Ganoung Elementary School - 22nd Street & Craycroft Area - 3 positions - .75 FTE - 6 hours per day
- Oyama Elementary School - 36th St. & La Cholla Area - 2 positions - Autism - (1) .75 FTE - 6 hours per day - (1) .5 FTE - 4 hours per day
- Sewell Elementary School - 5th St & Craycroft area - .81 FTE - 6.5 hours per day
- Steele Elementary School - Broadway & Sarnoff Area - .75 FTE - 6 hours per day
- Tolson Elementary School - Starr Pass & Greasewood Area - 2 positions - .75 FTE - 6 hours per day
- Van Buskirk Elementary School - Ajo & Park Area - .75 FTE - 6 hours per day
- Warren Elementary School - Drexel & Cardinal Area - .75 FTE - 6 hours per day
- Wright Elementary School - Speedway & Columbus Ara - .75 FTE - 6 hours per day
Positions less than 30 hours per week are not eligible for district benefits.
Internal candidates will transfer at a rate commensurate with their bargaining unit language. For more information on salary schedule, please reference the Employee Agreements Webpage.
To view the full job description, please visit our website.
Tucson Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination based on disability, race, color, religion/religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, March 24, 2022 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)