Teacher Assistant - Bilingual (Effective 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR)
- Teacher Assistant - Bilingual (Effective 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR) JobID: 16137
- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Teacher Assistant
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Testing will begin promptly at the scheduled time.
- Please plan to arrive at the testing site fifteen minutes early, as it is not possible to accommodate late-comers.
- Testing may take up to 2 hours. Please plan accordingly.
- Picture identification is required.
- Applications for specific positions are required and test scores must be on file on or before the closing date of the position announcement. Applications submitted on the day of the examination will be accepted; however, please plan ahead.
|Hours Per Day:|
Assists teachers in performing their classroom teaching responsibilities.
Speak, read and write in English.
One year of experience working with youth.
TUSD Bilingual (English/Spanish) Exam, High School Diploma or G.E.D
Completion of an AZ Dept. of Education-approved Academic Assessment Test OR Associate’s (or higher) degree OR Two-years (60 Semester-Hour credits) of study at an institute of higher learning
Related training or education
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AFTER HIRE
Copy of diploma, transcript or test results must be submitted at time of hire.
FBI fingerprint background check (at employee’s expense).
Proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization.
Effective 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
LOCATION - Hollinger K-8 - Ajo & 6th Ave. Area
White Collar - Grade 2
0.75 FTE - 6 hours per day
9 month position
BILINGUAL TEST INFORMATION:
Picture ID Required
Dates: March 13, 2020 & April 10th, 2020
Time: 9 a.m.
2025 E. Winsett St.
Large Conference Room
Tucson, AZ 85719
Internal candidates will transfer at a rate commensurate with their bargaining unit language.
The hiring range for external candidates will be $12.00 per hour to $12.08 per hour, based on experience.
For more information on salary schedule, please visit the White Collar Agreement
Positions less than 30 hours per week are not eligible for district benefits.
Tucson Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination based on disability, race, color, religion/religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin.