Teacher *POOL* - Elementary (Effective 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR)
Interested in creating a better tomorrow? Apply to be a TUSD (Tucson Unified School District) teacher today.
Tucson Unified School District is the best place in Southern Arizona for you to begin or continue a rewarding and meaningful teaching career. As one of the largest employers in Tucson, we have a superior offering of teaching opportunities that you will not find in other districts in the region. Join our team of passionate teachers and become part of a dynamic, supportive community deeply committed to ensuring that our students receive the best education possible in the classroom that is right for them.
What We are Looking For:
The Tucson Unified School District (TUSD) seeks caring and effective teachers who possess the skillset and eagerness to change tomorrow for our students.
- Are you enthusiastic about working in a culturally diverse district and passionate about being part of the development of our students and community?
- Are you innovative, creative, and have an intrinsic desire to inspire and enrich the strengths of all learners?
If so, then we are looking for you. Join us in making all our schools great.
ABOUT TUCSON UNIFIED:
With 89 individual schools and over 7,000 employees serving nearly 50,000 students, we are Southern Arizona's largest school district. Our student body represents various cultural, socioeconomic, and family backgrounds; We take great pride in the diversity of our community and share a deep commitment to delivering on every child's right to an excellent education. We demonstrate our dedication to this goal through a rigorous multicultural curriculum, culturally responsive pedagogy, professional learning communities, teacher support, innovative family and community engagement, and many other initiatives that push the frontiers of public education.
We understand working in education is both rewarding and challenging, and we are pleased to offer our teachers cutting-edge training and support programs. Whether you are brand new to the field, or just new to our District, you will feel an immediate sense of belonging and support. We offer a large selection of PD (Professional Development) opportunities to accelerate your professional growth, advance your instructional practice, and increase student learning. We will provide you with the tools, support, and mentorship to flourish as a teacher and nurture a love for learning in your students.
For more information on teacher supports and benefits click here:
- Teacher Mentor Program http://www.tusd1.org/Information/Mentoring-Program
- Welcome to Tucson Unified: http://www.tusd1.org/Departments/Human-Resources
Five reasons to work at Tucson Unified:
- We are the place for your talent and passion for student achievement, closing the achievement gap.
- We are an urban school district that believes all students can achieve at the highest level.
- We are committed to providing our students with multicultural and culturally responsive education.
- We are transforming our school district and the community by making a difference in the lives of our students.
- We value and recognize our innovative, high-performing, and creative staff.
Join Tucson Unified and serve at the forefront of American education in beautiful Tucson, Arizona. As the second-largest District in the state, we have 89 schools, proudly serving over 49,000 students, parents, and families since 1867.
The mission of the Tucson Unified School District, in partnership with parents and the greater community, is to assure each pre-K through 12th-grade student receives an engaging, rigorous, and comprehensive education.
The District is committed to inclusion and non-discrimination in all District activities. At all times, District staff should work to ensure that staff, parents, students, and members of the public are included and welcome to participate in District activities.
A Teacher in the Tucson Unified School District advances student achievement through effective management of the learning environment, including preparing lesson plans, evaluating, and monitoring student performance and progress. Our Teachers provide effective and equitable instruction to students in various planned courses. Our Teachers demonstrate a solid commitment to continuous learning and understand and appreciate diversity; they collaboratively develop instructional strategies that encourage students to analyze and interpret class material. Teachers are responsible for maintaining a safe, respectful classroom to create an environment conducive to optimizing student strengths while simultaneously developing their natural curiosity and love of learning.
REPORTS TO: School Site Principal
- Grades Kindergarten - 3rd
- Arizona Elementary Certificate K-8 OR
- Arizona Early Childhood Certificate, Birth to Age-8
- Grades 4th and 5th
- Arizona Elementary Certificate K-8
- Current Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Demonstrated success in engaging African American and Latino students
- Bilingual (Spanish) endorsement
EFFECTIVE: 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
LOCATION: Multiple Locations - District-Wide
FTE: Varies. Typical Teacher FTE 1.0, 7.5 hours per day.
WORK CALENDAR: 9.5 months - 207 days (212 days for new to district teachers)
This is a list of current teacher vacancies, listed alphabetically with grade/subject area and FTE. The list is subject to change daily:
- Bonillas Basic Curriculum Magnet School - 17th St & Swan area - 2 Positions - 5th Grade - 1.0 FTE - 3rd Grade - .5 FTE
- Booth-Fickett Math & Science Magnet School - Broadway & Kolb area - 3 Positions - 1st, 3rd and 4th grade - 1 Position- Drama/Dance - 1.0 FTE each
- Borman K-8 (DMAFB) - 2 positiona, grade TBA - 1.0 FTE each
- C.E. Rose K-8 School -Irvington & 12th Ave. Area -3 positions, 1-5th Grade & 2 -2nd Grade 1.0 FTE
- Carrillo K-5 Magnet School (tusd1.org) - Cushing & Main Area, 5th grade, 1.0 FTE
- Cavett Elementary School - 36th St & Campbell Area, 1st Grade, 1.0 FTE
- Collier Elementary School - Tanque Verde & Bear Canyon Area - K-3 Grade - 1.0 FTE
- Cragin Elementary School - Glenn and Tucson Blvd Area - 2 positions - Grades 1-3 - 1.0 FTE each
- Davidson Elementary School - Ft. Lowell & Alvernon Area - 4th Grade - 1.0 FTE
- Dietz K-8 School - 22nd St & Kolb Area - 3 Positions - K-3 and 4th Grade - 1.0 FTE
- Dunham Elementary School - 22nd & Harrison Area - 1st Grade - 1.0 FTE
- Erickson Elementary School - Stella & Mann area - Kindergarten - 1.0 FTE
- Fruchthendler Elementary School - Cloud & Sabino Area - 1 position - Kindergarten - 1st Grade - 1.0 FTE
- Holladay Magnet Elementary School - 33rd St. & Park Area - 1 position - Kindergarten - 1.0 FTE
- Hollinger K-8 School- Ajo & 6th Ave Area - 2 Position - 1st grade & Kinder - 1.0 FTE
- Hudlow Elementary School - Broadway and Kolb area - 1.0 FTE - 4 positions - (2) - Kindergarten - (1)- 1st Grade ESSER Grant Funded through 23/24 School Year - (1)- 2nd Grade ESSER Grant Funded through 23/24 School Year
- Kellond Elementary School - Broadway & Wilmot Area - 1 positions - 1.0 FTE
- Lawrence 3-8 School - Jeffrey Rd & Mark Rd Area - 4th Grade - 1.0 FTE
- Lineweaver Elementary School - Broadway & Alvernon Area - 2 positions -Kindergarten - 3rd Grade -1.0 FTE
- Lynn/Urquides Elementary School - Ajo & Mission Area - 2 positions Kindergarten - 1st Grade - 1.0 FTE
- Maldonado Elementary School - Valencia & Cardinal Area - Kindergarten - 1.0 FTE
- Manzo Elementary School - Speedway & Grande Area - 3rd Grade - 1.0 FTE
- Mary Belle McCorkle Academy of Excellence K-8 -Ajo & Mission Area -3 Positions - 1.0 FTE - (1) 5th Grade- (1) 4th Grade
- Miles Exploratory Learning Center -Broadway & Highland Area 2 Positions 1.0 FTE, Multi Grade Class 3rd, 4th & 5th
- Miller Elementary School - Valencia & Camino De La Tierra Area - 2 positions - (1) 3rd Grade - 1.0 FTE - (1) 5th Grade - 1.0 FTE
- Mission View Elementary School - 36th St. & 6th Ave. Area - 4th Grade - 1.0 FTE
- Morgan Maxwell K-8 School - Anklam & Greasewood Area - 2 positions - 3rd Grade - 4th Grade
- Myers/Ganoung Elementary School - 22nd St & Craycroft area - Kindergarten - 1.0 FTE
- Ochoa Community School - 22nd St. & 6th Ave. Area - 2nd Grade - 1.0 FTE
- Oyama Elementary School - 36th St. & La Cholla Area - Kindergarten - 1.0 FTE
- Pueblo Gardens K-8 School - 36th St. & Campbell Area - 1.0 FTE
- Roberts/Naylor K-8 - 29th St & Columbus Area - Kindergarten - 1.0 FTE
- Robins K-8 School - Sweetwater & Silverbell Area - 3rd Grade
- Robison Elementary School - 18th St. & Country Club Area - 2 positions - Grade Level TBD - 1.0 FTE - Kindergarten - 1.0 FTE
- Steele Elementary School - Broadway & Sarnoff Area - 3 positions - Kindergarten - 2nd Grade - 4th Grade - 1.0 FTE
- Sam Hughes Elementary - Speedway & Tucson Blvd. area - 2 positions - Kindergarten - 1st Grade - 1.0 FTE
- Tolson Elementary School - Starr Pass & Greasewood Area - 2nd Grade - 1.0 FTE
- Van Buskirk Elementary School - Ajo & Park Area - 3rd Grade - 1.0 FTE
- Vesey Elementary School - Irvington & Camino De Oeste Area - 2 positions - 3rd Grade - 5th Grade
- Wheeler Elementary School - 22nd St & Wilmot Area - 4 positions - Kinder - 1st Grade - 3rd Grade - 5th Grade - 1.0 FTE (Each)
- White Elementary School - Drexel & Mission Area - 2 positions - 2nd Grade - 3rd Grade
- Wright Elementary School - Speedway & Columbus Area - 1st Grade - 1.0 FTE
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THE TEACHER HIRING PROCESS:
- Upon submission of a successfully completed application, you will be invited to respond to a one-way video screener.
- Screening Submissions are not required but are highly encouraged.
- Video Submissions are viewed by hiring managers at school sites.
- Based on the initial screening of your application and video responses, you may be invited to an interview (Zoom or In-person) at a school matching the employment preferences you listed in your online application.
- Invitations to interview may come via phone or email request.
- At this time, TUSD interviews are conducted via Zoom.
- If you are successful in receiving an offer of employment from a school site:
- the school and Human Resources will be in communication with an official offer, and onboarding information.
- If you are not successful in receiving an offer after an interview, your application will remain active and available for review in all listed vacancies.
- If you are having trouble securing an interview, please contact Careers@tusd1.org
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT:
- The 2022-2023 School year for students runs 8/4/2022-5/25/2023
- New to TUSD Teachers work calendar is: 7/26/2022-5/26/2023 (to include New Teacher Orientation)
- Transfer Teachers work calendar is: 8/1/2022-5/26/2023
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AFTER HIRE:
Proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization
Internal candidates will transfer at a rate commensurate with their bargaining unit language. For more information on the salary schedule, please reference the Employee Agreements Webpage.
To view the full job description, please visit our website.
Positions less than 30 hours per week are not eligible for district benefits.
Tucson Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination based on disability, race, color, religion/religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin.
Job Contact Information
Monday, January 24, 2022 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)