Teacher *POOL* - High School, Mathematics (Effective 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR)
Interested in creating a better tomorrow? Apply to be a TUSD (Tucson Unified School District) teacher today.
Tucson Unified School District is the best place in Southern Arizona for you to begin or continue a rewarding and meaningful teaching career. As one of the largest employers in Tucson, we have a superior offering of teaching opportunities that you will not find in other districts in the region. Join our team of passionate teachers and become part of a dynamic, supportive community deeply committed to ensuring that our students receive the best education possible in the classroom that is right for them.
What We are Looking For:
The Tucson Unified School District (TUSD) seeks caring and effective teachers who possess the skillset and eagerness to change tomorrow for our students.
- Are you enthusiastic about working in a culturally diverse district and passionate about being part of the development of our students and community?
- Are you innovative, creative, and have an intrinsic desire to inspire and enrich the strengths of all learners?
If so, then we are looking for you. Join us in making all our schools great.
ABOUT TUCSON UNIFIED:
With 89 individual schools and over 7,000 employees serving nearly 50,000 students, we are Southern Arizona's largest school district. Our student body represents various cultural, socioeconomic, and family backgrounds; We take great pride in the diversity of our community and share a deep commitment to delivering on every child's right to an excellent education. We demonstrate our dedication to this goal through a rigorous multicultural curriculum, culturally responsive pedagogy, professional learning communities, teacher support, innovative family and community engagement, and many other initiatives that push the frontiers of public education.
We understand working in education is both rewarding and challenging, and we are pleased to offer our teachers cutting-edge training and support programs. Whether you are brand new to the field, or just new to our District, you will feel an immediate sense of belonging and support. We offer a large selection of PD (Professional Development) opportunities to accelerate your professional growth, advance your instructional practice, and increase student learning. We will provide you with the tools, support, and mentorship to flourish as a teacher and nurture a love for learning in your students.
For more information on teacher supports and benefits click here:
- Teacher Mentor Program http://www.tusd1.org/Information/Mentoring-Program
- Welcome to Tucson Unified: http://www.tusd1.org/Departments/Human-Resources
Five reasons to work at Tucson Unified:
- We are the place for your talent and passion for student achievement, closing the achievement gap.
- We are an urban school district that believes all students can achieve at the highest level.
- We are committed to providing our students with multicultural and culturally responsive education.
- We are transforming our school district and the community by making a difference in the lives of our students.
- We value and recognize our innovative, high-performing, and creative staff.
Join Tucson Unified and serve at the forefront of American education in beautiful Tucson, Arizona. As the second-largest District in the state, we have 89 schools, proudly serving over 49,000 students, parents, and families since 1867.
The mission of the Tucson Unified School District, in partnership with parents and the greater community, is to assure each pre-K through 12th-grade student receives an engaging, rigorous, and comprehensive education.
The District is committed to inclusion and non-discrimination in all District activities. At all times, District staff should work to ensure that staff, parents, students, and members of the public are included and welcome to participate in District activities.
A Teacher in the Tucson Unified School District advances student achievement through effective management of the learning environment, including preparing lesson plans, evaluating, and monitoring student performance and progress. Our Teachers provide effective and equitable instruction to students in various planned courses. Our Teachers demonstrate a solid commitment to continuous learning and understand and appreciate diversity; they collaboratively develop instructional strategies that encourage students to analyze and interpret class material. Teachers are responsible for maintaining a safe, respectful classroom to create an environment conducive to optimizing student strengths while simultaneously developing their natural curiosity and love of learning.
REPORTS TO: School Site Principal
Arizona Secondary Certificate with Math Approved Area
Arizona Subject Matter Expert Certificate with Math Approved Area
Current Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Demonstrated success in engaging African American and Latino students
- Bilingual (Spanish) endorsement
EFFECTIVE: 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
LOCATION: Multiple Locations - District-Wide
FTE: Varies. Typical Teacher FTE 1.0, 7.5 hours per day.
WORK CALENDAR: 9.5 months - 207 days (212 days for new to district teachers)
New to District, Math teachers are considered Hard to Fill and are eligible for a one-time $5000 hiring stipend, stipend is paid in two installments at the end of each semester. Pro-rated for employees who work less than 1.0FTE/207 days
This is a list of current vacancies as they become available, listed alphabetically with grade/subject area and FTE. The list is subject to change daily:
- Rincon High School - 5th St & Swan Area - 1 position- 1.0 FTE
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THE TEACHER HIRING PROCESS:
- Upon submission of a successfully completed application, you will be invited to respond to a one-way video screener.
- Screening Submissions are not required but are highly encouraged.
- Video Submissions are viewed by hiring managers at school sites.
- Based on the initial screening of your application and video responses, you may be invited to an interview (Zoom or In-person) at a school matching the employment preferences you listed in your online application.
- Invitations to interview may come via phone or email request.
- At this time, TUSD interviews are conducted via Zoom.
- If you are successful in receiving an offer of employment from a school site:
- the school and Human Resources will be in communication with an official offer, and onboarding information.
- If you are not successful in receiving an offer after an interview, your application will remain active and available for review in all listed vacancies.
- If you are having trouble securing an interview, please contact Careers@tusd1.org
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AFTER HIRE:
Proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization
Internal candidates will transfer at a rate commensurate with their bargaining unit language. For more information on the salary schedule, please reference the Employee Agreements Webpage.
Positions less than 30 hours per week are not eligible for district benefits.
Tucson Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination based on disability, race, color, religion/religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin.
Job Contact Information
Friday, January 20, 2023 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)